Tuesday, 22 May 2012

We its been a great ride so far.

we left Bosnia in the sunshine . Our route would take us through Mostar and onto Sarajavo . I had wanted to see Mostar when we were touring this part of the world back back in 2008 but did not get the chance.

So this time it was a must. we arrive early which meant that the place was quite but it also meant that all the so called tour guides made a beeline for us. This kind of spoils the place. we just wanted to walk around and look at the old town and Bridge but it was made difficult being pestered by so many people.

There are Young men that dive off the bridge , We did not see any as they wait for the tour buses to turn up and charge them 25e a dive.So if you get there make sure you have your camera ready.

The cloud was building as we left Mostar and it was getting cold. By the time we were in Sarajavo it was very cold which was a shock after the 30c we had had in Italy.

It was a shock to see just how many buildings are still damaged from the war which ended some 17 years age.
The traffic was easy going for a large city despite the heavy snow that was still present form the day before when they had 6in over night.

We  had intended to cross into Serbia today but due to  a land slide which blocked the main road we had to take a detour over a forest track. This is when I made a big mistake of leaving my bum bag behind ...Doh..

It had 2 cameras , 500e , my leatherman . we stopped to take a photo then realised that it was missing. we speed back to where we had stopped but it was gone. I thought that would be the last I would see of my things. Leigh convinced me to ride back to the last small village we had passed through. While passing through the village a man waved us down and there in the boot of his old car was my bum bag with everything inside . How happy I was. I gave him 50e which took us ages to make him take it. we had a brew and then set off back through the forest. The man and his family were out side there house all waving as we passed. Thank the Lord for good Honest people.

So with losing 3 hours and the rain starting we stopped at a hotel just before the Serbian Boarder.

We awoke to very heavy Rain . we had no tent so needed to get to Motocamp Bulgaria where my son had  posted it to .
Back in 2008 this  Serbian boarder wanted 80e for us to cross. I was awaiting the same again but this time they just stamped our passport and we were in.
It was a hard un eventful 13 hour ride in rain . We arrived at Motocamp Bulgaria after 10 pm and thankfully Iain was opening the gates for us as we arrived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment